The Greenhouse Backpackers, a multi award winner of the Australian Tourism Awards for best backpacker accomodation, is centrally located in the heart of the Melbourne city centre.
Awards include -:2006 Australian Tourism Award for best backpacker accommodation; 2005 Australian Tourism Award for best backpacker accommodation; Hall of Fame Tourism Victoria; 2004 Victorian Tourism Best Backpacker Accommodation and 2008 Cleanest Hostel awarded by HostelBookers.
The Greenhouse Backpacker is centrally located in historic Flinders Lane, a heritage precinct in the heart of the cosmopolitan Melbourne.
Located only one block from the Town Hall, this outstanding hostel is ideally located in a bohemian atmosphere, with outdoor restaurants, great ambience and an abundance of interesting shops and arcades.
The Greenhouse is a 1st class hostel, with state of the art key card access. You will experience the real Melbourne; with local friendly staff on hand 24 hours, and an activity officer leading daily events and goings-on. Staff is on hand 24 hours a day to help with everything from WHATS ON, to JOBS, TOUR BOOKINGS, and much more. We speak a range of languages and are familiar with the needs of travelers, groups and budget holiday-makers.
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, security and great atmosphere.
There is so much more, too much too list, this really is as good as it gets...
The Greenhouse offers all guests FREE internet, FREE daily breakfast, FREE BBQ night on the rooftop, FREE Tuesday Night Dinner (Pasta or Aussie BBQ), FREE pancake Sundays, FREE Monday's Mega Melbourne Walking Tour, FREE luggage storage, FREE laptop storage, FREE welcome pack, FREE travel desk, FREE job assistance, FREE activities, FREE linen & towels, FREE lockers in all rooms as well as FREE tea and coffee.
The Dorms and Private Rooms are clean, safe and comfortable. The Dorm rooms are large and serviced daily. Each bed is provided with linen, locker and storage space.
The staff are all locals who know and love Melbourne, and are always ready to help.
Facilities include a huge self catering kitchen, dining area, games area, TV room with projector screen, lounge, telephones, roof top garden with BBQ, quiet areas, 24 hour reception, 24 hour access, internet access , security swipe cards and laundry.
You will be surrounded by the very best nightlife, coffee culture, hidden laneways, shops and art galleries.
Within 100 metres of the Greenhouse Backpacker hostel you can find
* Flinders Street Railway Station - the transport hub for Melbourne
* The new Federation Square
* The Town Hall
* The Yarra River and parks
* The free City Circle tram
* The popular Southbank Arts Precinct
* The famous Melbourne laneways, Degraves Street and Centre Place
* Dozens of restaurants, clubs, pubs and bars.
Here to Study? We're centrally located to:
* RMIT. Bourke Street Campus is a 5 minute walk
* RMIT Swanston Street Campus is only a 10 minute walk.
* Melbourne University is a few minutes walk or a short tram ride away
* The city campus of the Victoria University is in the next block
* CAE (Council of Adult Education) is opposite us
Want to Experience the BEST of Aussie Sport? We're close to:
* The famous MCG or Melbourne Cricket Ground
* The Telstra Dome
* The Tennis Centre (home of the Australian Open)
* Olympic Park (for rugby fans)
* The Glasshouse (basketball and rock concert fans)
* The Melbourne Sports and Aquatic centre
Please note: If you are travelling with a child (anyone under 18), you must either book a private room or the whole dorm room. Children can not share dorm rooms with other guests.