Midway Pacifica Lodge offers spacious accommodation units which meet the important criteria – cheap & cheerful, comfortable & clean. Each unit has off-street parking at the door.
* Cooked or continental breakfast available and delivered to units
* Evening meals by prior arrangement
* Charge back service from local restaurants
* Complimentary morning newspaper
* Rooms serviced daily
* Flat screen SKY television offering TV1, 2 and 3, SKY Sport, Movies, History, Sky 1, and Discovery
* All beds with electric blankets
* Hair dryers, cot, high chair available
* Electric heating and clock radio
* Direct dial phones with rates cheaper than mobile phones and wireless internet access
* Guest laundry with coin operated washing machine and dryer. The laundry has an iron and ironing board and access to a washing line.
* Fax and photocopying service at office
* Car wash
Midway Pacific Lodge in Petone is "midway" for Interislander ferry travellers and central to all of the attractions that the Wellington Region has to offer.
Petone, a suburb of Lower Hutt just to the northeast of Wellington City, extends along the foreshore of Wellington Harbour. Petone was the first European settlement in the Wellington Region and extends across all of the flat land at the mouth of the Hutt Valley, with spectacular harbour views from the Esplanade.
Petone, with its mix of quaint and historic residential streets, is centred around the Jackson Street shopping area with cafes, restaurants and trendy shops. Emphasis has been placed on the area's early European heritage as a draw-card for tourists.
Petone attractions close to Midway Pacifica Lodge:
Midway Pacifica Lodge is ideally located close to the Jackson Street shopping area and near to all local amenities. Leave the car at the Motel and walk (5 minutes) to:
* Trendy restaurants and cafes in Jackson Street for relaxed dining
* Te Puna Wai Ora marks the unique artesian water fountain
* The Petone Working Men's Club for convivial hospitality
* The Petone Recreation Ground and sports fields
* The Hutt Valley Polytechnic (Weltec) for continuing education
* The Petone Railway Station - ride the trains to Wellington and save on parking
* Manuka Health Centre for a whole range of alternative therapies
Attractions that are 1-2 km from Midway Pacifica Lodge include:
* Petone Esplanade, beach and wharf with fabulous views across Wellington Harbour to the city and airport.
* Bowland Petone - twenty fully automatic lanes, bar, café, big screen TV, gaming and amusement machines, pool table. Open 9 am to 12 midnight, seven days.
* Huia Pool - nationally acclaimed 25 metre indoor pool plus indoor children's and teaching pool with a beached area, outdoor toddlers fun pool and playground.
* Shandon Golf Course - a superbly presented and challenging par 70, 18-hole course with practice chipping and putting greens and practice fairways. Excellent Clubhouse facilities - Cafe, Bar, Pokies, Pro Shop and Resident Professional.
* HangDog Indoor Climbing Centre - Climbing Centre with a 14 metre high indoor climbing wall, 10 lines of lead climbing anchors, a bouldering room, video and pinball games, and a pro-climbing shop.
* Petone Settlers Museum - the Story House of Petone providing a window into the history of the people of the lower part of the Hutt Valley including interesting stories of migration and settlement.
* The Dowse - is an art museum that is highly regarded both nationally and internationally with a constantly changing mix of exciting and innovative exhibitions.
Or ask your host Gail for her suggestions.
Why not spend the day in Wellington? The shopping is fabulous and there are always sales to interest the most discerning buyer. Or take the family to visit the Beehive and Parliament Buildings and the other historical buildings that make up New Zealand's political capital. Perhaps a ride from Lambton Quay to Kelburn on the cable car. The view out over Central Wellington and the Harbour is magnificent. Walk back down through the Botanic Gardens and enjoy the tranquillity and views right in the centre of the city.
Children always enjoy a visit to the Wellington Zoo to see wildlife including lions, chimpanzee parks, and the kiwi house. If it is a wet day, take the whole family to Te Papa the National Museum of New Zealand or to the Museum of Wellington City and Sea on Wellington?s waterfront.
Other options include fishing (saltwater fishing from the Petone Wharf and brown trout in the Hutt River), Horse Trekking and 4-wheel Drive Tours or perhaps a lazy day at the beach - try Days Bay at Eastbourne.
Wellington is famous for its theatre and performing arts, street-side cafe's entertainment and nightlife. Consult Wellington Events to see what is currently on offer.