Home > Australia > Blue Mountains > Wentworth Falls > Moments Mountain Retreat
86 Fletcher St
Wentworth Falls NSW 2782
All rates are in AUD and include all taxes.
moments Mountain Retreat, located at 86 Fletcher Street in Wentworth Falls, was built in 1912 and lovingly and tastefully renovated by the current owners. The beautiful homestead sits on an escarpment at the entrance to the Blue Mountains World Heritage National Park in a quiet pocket of Wentworth Falls. Choose from 3 Spa Suites and 1 Spa Room, each offering uninterrupted mountain and wilderness views from your private verandah, huge in-room double spas and charming Blue Mountains character. All but 1 Suite have an open gas fire, and there is also a real wood fire in the cosy guest lounge for ambiance. Perfect as a base for bushwalking in the adjoining Valley of the Waters section of the National Park - various short, medium and long tracks start just 50 metres down the road, at the famous Conservation Hut Café. Stay in a quiet and peaceful area with only a 5-minute-drive to Leura Village and a 10-minute-drive to Katoomba and the Three Sisters Lookout.
For more details about Moments Mountain Retreat, Click here, or, for rates and availability of other Blue Mountains Hotels, click here
Special Features and Scenic Icons:
There are spectacular views, waterfalls and cascades with numerous lookouts and vantage points.
Famous features include:
* The Three Sisters (Echo Point) and Giant staircase - Katoomba.
* Skyway, Scenic Railway and Sceniscender - Katoomba.
* Wentworth Falls
* Valley of the Waters - Wentworth Falls.
* Gordon Falls, Olympian Rock - Leura.
* Leura Cascades - Leura.
* Govett's Leap (Bridal Veil Falls) - Blackheath.
* Evans' Lookout - Blackheath.
* Pulpit Rock, Hanging Rock - Blackheath.
* Hargraves Lookout - Shipley Plateau.
* Megalong Valley.
* Jenolan Caves.
* Kanangra Walls.
Recreational and Sporting Activities:
* Bushwalking for all ages and grades, ranging from some with wheelchair access to rugged trails for experienced walkers only.
* NPWS guided walks are also available. Some Eco Tourism groups also lead guided walks and camping trips.
* Four Wheel Drive tours (Day and half day trips, plus extended tours).
* Horse riding (Megalong Valley).
* Fishing (Cox's River and Lake Lyell).
* Bird watching (native birds, flora and fauna).
* Kangaroos can usually be seen at dusk at Euroka Clearing - Glenbrook, Megalong Valley, Hartley Vale and Kanangra Walls.
* Stargazing - Wentworth Falls Observatory.
* Bicycle riding (hiring available).
* Golf - a number of spectacular courses welcome visitors (Wentworth Falls, Leura, Katoomba, Blackheath and Lawson).
* Swimming holes and mountain creeks, indoor heated and outdoor pools.
* Gyms. Indoor climbing wall - Leura.
* Lawn bowls
* The Edge Cinema (Giant Screen movie theatre) and Mount Vic Flicks.
These may be undertaken individually or with fully trained professional guides who will supply all necessary equipment.
* Rock Climbing.
* Mountain Bike riding.
* Harley Davidson tricycle tours.
* 4WD tours.
* Limousine tours.
* Coach tours of local area. Eg. Jenolan Caves, Heritage Tours, Mt Wilson.
* Trolley Bus Tours (All day ticket).
* Explorer Bus Tours (All day ticket).
* Taxi tours.
Arts, Crafts and Cultural Events:
* Numerous Galleries throughout the mountain villages.
* A plethora of antique shops, especially Bygone Beautys (Leura) with the largest collection of teapots in the southern hemisphere.
* Many bookshops.
* Cultural events, literary groups, dramatic and musical performances throughout the year.
* Artists' studios, workshops and galleries.
* Aboriginal Cultural centre.
* Numerous specialty and collectibles shops.
* Varuna writers' Centre - Katoomba.
* Yuletide festivities from June to August (Christmas in July).
* Garden festivals - Leura, Mt. Wilson, Wentworth Falls and Blackheath (spring and autumn).
* Winter Magic Festival - Katoomba (June).
* Rhododendron Festival - Blackheath (November).
* Wine with Altitude Fair. Blackheath (November).
* Folk Festival - Katoomba (February)
* Wine Festival - Leura. (August)
* Monthly markets in most towns.
* Leura Fair - October.
* Lithgow Show - March.
* Hillcrest Coachman Jazz festival - Leura. (October)
* The Carrington Hotel.
* The Paragon Café.
* The Hydro Majestic Hotel.
* Leuralla - Toy and Rail Museum.
* Mount Victoria village.
* The ancient Wollemi Pines have recently been discovered in the area. (specimens can be seen at Mt Tomah Botanical Garden).
* Explorers' Tree.
* The Six Foot Track - Katoomba to Jenolan Caves.
* Everglades Gardens
* Hartley Village and valley. Comet and Collets Inns.
* Glow Worm Tunnel and Newnes Ghost Town - Via Zigzag Railway and Lithgow.
* Numerous aboriginal sites.
* Tarella Historic Cottage - Wentworth Falls.
Other Wentworth Falls Hotels
Other Blue Mountains Hotels Nearby
|Palais Royale Boutique Hotel|| ||Katoomba||4 star 100 year old heritage guesthouse, an ideal romantic escape - the best kept secret in the Blue Mountains. |
|Madisons Mountain Retreat|| ||Kurrajong Heights||4 star B&B farmstay - 1 bedroom self contained cottages set on acres bordering the Wollemi and Blue Mountains National Parks.|
|Storey Grange|| ||Springwood|| 4.5 stay luxury studios & 2 bedroom self contained cottage accommodation in the beautiful Blue Mountains National Park|
|Best Western Alpine Motor Inn|| ||Katoomba||4 star motel offering Queen, Twin & Family Hotel Rooms located in Katoomba in the heart of the stunning Blue Mountains.|
|Zig Zag Motel|| ||Lithgow||4 star hotel motel accommodation just 1 km from Lithgow CBD in the heart of the Blue Mountains - comfort, relaxation and value.|
|Bygone Beautys Cottages|| ||Bullaburra||3 star 1 and 3 bedroom historic self contained houses and cottages accommodation in the magical Blue Mountains.|
|Leisure Inn Spires|| ||Leura||4 star studios, 1 & 2 bedroom self contained serviced apartments hotel located in gorgeous Leura Mall in the spectacular Blue Moun|
|Hotel Blue Katoomba|| ||Katoomba||A boutique 1920s hotel capturing the charm and character of a bygone era only minutes walk from Katoomba's scenic attractions.|