Kingsgate Hotel Wellington is located in the heart of Wellington's Government Precinct. Nothing is better than being accommodated by a hotel which has everything at your feet. When staying at Kingsgate Hotel Wellington the bus, train and ferry terminals, Parliament Buildings, Lambton Quay, and Botanical Gardens are all on your door stop.
Being the closest hotel to Westpac Stadium it is the best location for all your Sporting, Concert and Major Events.
Kingsgate Hotel Wellington prides itself in providing excellent facilities, all rooms are light comfortable, fresh and immaculate. With the back drop of Wellington's famous beautiful hills choose between panoramic views of the Harbour, City Skyline or over look New Zealand's oldest and historic suburb Thorndon Kingsgate Hotel Wellington is perfect both the business and leisure traveler.
Kingsgate Hotel Wellington's guests can also enjoy complimentary access to Body Works Gym and competitive pricing for off street car parking and Wi-Fi access.
Try our tantalising menu in Portland Restaurant or relax and unwind in the Portland Bar. With contemporary cuisine and a beautiful setting overlooking established gardens Portland Restaurant and Bar is perfect for all your dining occasions. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week why go any where else?
To secure your booking, we require a 10% deposit of the total accommodation cost. This will be deducted from your credit card at the time of the booking.
24 Hawkestone Street, Thorndon, WELLINGTON
From Wellington Airport to Kingsgate Hotel Wellington (Driving)
1. Head north on Stewart Duff Drive toward Stewart Duff Drive
Go through 1 roundabout 500 m
2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Calabar Rd 1.0 km
3. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Cobham Drive 500 m
4. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Cobham Drive 1.0 km
5. Continue onto Wellington Rd 500 m
6. Slight left to stay on Wellington Rd 150 m
7. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Crawford Rd 160 m
8. Continue onto Constable St 700 m
9. Turn right onto Riddiford St 750 m
10. Turn left onto John St 160 m
11. Continue onto Wallace St 750 m
12. Continue onto Taranaki St 450 m
13. Turn left onto Arthur St/State Highway 1 (signs for Porirua/2/Hutt Valley) Continue to follow State Highway 12.3 km
14. Take the Tinakori Road exit toward Thorndon 350 m
15. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Wadestown/Khandallah 36 m
16. Turn right onto Tinakori Rd 190 m
17. Slight right onto Hawkestone St
Destination will be on the left
From InterIslander Ferry Terminal to Kingsgate Hotel Wellington (Driving)
1. Head southwest on Wellington Urban Motorway 1.2 km
2. Take the Hawkestone St exit toward Karori 270 m
3. Turn left onto Hawkestone St
Destination will be on the left
From Wellington Railway Station to Kingsgate Hotel Wellington (Walking)
1. Head to the Main Entrance of Wellington Railway Station
2. Turn right onto Bunny St 250 m
3. Turn right onto Molesworth St 400 m
4. Turn left onto Hawkestone St
Destination will be on the right
Kingsgate Hotel Wellington is located on the doorstep to the CBD and on the edge of the Government and Corporate precincts of Thorndon The hotel is the closest hotel to Westpac Stadium providing the best location for all your sporting concerts and major events
When staying at Kingsgate Hotel Wellington the CBD Lambton Key bus train and ferry terminals Parliament Buildings Government offices and Botanical Gardens are all on your doorstep Nothing is better than being accommodated by a hotel which has everything at its feet